Associate Professor Kathryn Mumford
Dr Kathryn Mumford is an Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Kathryn's research interests are in the areas of separations processes specifically ion exchange, solvent absorption and solvent extraction technologies. These interests range from the manufacture of novel materials, to the development of novel thermodynamic models to predict performance, and onto large scale implementation in the mining, energy, environmental and waste water processing fields.
Kathryn currently teaches into the Masters of Engineering (Chemical) program, namely Chemical Engineering Management and Heat and Mass Transport Processes subjects.
- McQuillan R, Stevens G, Mumford K. Electrochemical removal of naphthalene from contaminated waters using carbon electrodes, and viability for environmental deployment.. J Hazard Mater. Elsevier BV. 2020, Vol. 383. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2019.121244
- Wu Y, Alivand MS, Hu G, Stevens G, Mumford K. Nucleation kinetics of glycine promoted concentrated potassium carbonate solvents for carbon dioxide absorption. Chemical Engineering Journal. Elsevier Science. 2020, Vol. 381. DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2019.122712
- Li W, Wang Y, Lu H, Mumford K, Smith K, Stevens G. Comparison of mass transfer performance of pulsed columns with Tenova kinetics internals and standard disc and doughnut internals. Hydrometallurgy. Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 186. DOI: 10.1016/j.hydromet.2019.04.015
- Alivand MS, Mazaheri O, Wu Y, Stevens G, Scholes C, Mumford K. Data in brief on CO2 absorption-desorption of aqueous-based amino acid solvents with phase change behaviour. Data in Brief. Elsevier BV. 2019, Vol. 27. DOI: 10.1016/j.dib.2019.104741
- Hong T, Luo J, Mumford K, Stevens G, Zheng S. Desilication of concentrated alkali solution by novel desilication reagent calcium hydroferrocarbonate: Part III. Standard thermodynamics investigation of desilication reaction using hydroferrite desilication reagents. Hydrometallurgy. Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 187. DOI: 10.1016/j.hydromet.2019.05.011
- Sheikh Alivand M, Mazaheri O, Wu Y, Stevens G, Scholes C, Mumford K. Development of aqueous-based phase change amino acid solvents for energy-efficient CO2 capture: The role of antisolvent. Applied Energy. Elsevier. 2019, Vol. 256. DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.113911
- Ma J, Wang Y, Stevens G, Mumford K. Hydrocarbon adsorption performance and regeneration stability of diphenyldichlorosilane coated zeolite and its application in permeable reactive barriers: Column studies. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. Elsevier Science. 2019. DOI: 10.1016/j.micromeso.2019.109843
- Chang J, Jia F, Srinivasakannan C, Mumford K, Yang X. Impure ions removal from multicomponent leach solution of nickel sulfide concentrates by solvent extraction in impinging stream rotating packed bed. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING AND PROCESSING-PROCESS INTENSIFICATION. Elsevier. 2019, Vol. 137. DOI: 10.1016/j.cep.2019.02.001
- Tan WF, Wang YC, Mumford K, Li JX, Xu XM, Ding L. Performances of purified indigenous Leifsonia sp. and its mechanism in the removal of Cr(VI) under shaking condition. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 2019, Vol. 16, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1007/s13762-018-2071-6
- Chen S, Wu Y, Stevens G, Hu G, Sun W, Mumford K. Precipitation study of CO2-loaded glycinate solution with the introduction of ethanol as an antisolvent. FRONTIERS OF CHEMICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. Springer Verlag. 2019. DOI: 10.1007/s11705-019-1882-4
- Moore T, Biviano M, Mumford K, Dagastine R, Stevens G, Webley P. Solvent Impregnated Polymers for Carbon Capture. INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH. American Chemical Society. 2019, Vol. 58, Issue 16. DOI: 10.1021/acs.iecr.8b05603
- Fronczyk J, Mumford K. The Impact of Temperature on the Removal of Inorganic Contaminants Typical of Urban Stormwater. Applied Sciences. MDPI AG. 2019, Vol. 9, Issue 7. DOI: 10.3390/app9071273
- Hu G, Smith K, Wu Y, Mumford K, Kentish S, Stevens G. Carbon dioxide capture by solvent absorption using amino acids: A review. CHINESE JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING. Chemical Industry Press. 2018, Vol. 26, Issue 11. DOI: 10.1016/j.cjche.2018.08.003
- Li W, Wang Y, Mumford K, Smith K, Stevens G. Comparison of the Axial Dispersion Performance of Pulsed Solvent Extraction Columns with Tenova Pulsed Column-Kinetics Internals and Standard Disc and Doughnut Internals. SOLVENT EXTRACTION AND ION EXCHANGE. Marcel Dekker. 2018, Vol. 36, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1080/07366299.2018.1495688
- Yang L, Tan W-F, Mumford K, Ding L, Lv J-W, Zhang X-W, Wang H-Q. Effects of phosphorus-rich sawdust biochar sorption on heavy metals. SEPARATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018, Vol. 53, Issue 17. DOI: 10.1080/01496395.2018.1470641
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile